Hello, I’m Dr. Tobias Pintar. I am a GP from Austria, with a special interest in pain treatment. During my medical career as a GP, I have regularly found myself confronted with patients who have had pain for which my medical studies provided no answer. I have observed, that common treatments often proved ineffective or temporarily helped symptoms, but did not treat the underlying cause. Through working long hours and exercising less, I started to experience reoccurring muscle tension and aches myself. These problems made me look for answers outside the box and turn my attention to alternative treatments.
On my quest to find better treatments for my patients problems, as well as my own, I first learnt chiropractics. As I treated more patients I found that some improved greatly, some not at all and, for some, the pain reappeared shortly after treatment.
Not satisfied I then discovered acupuncture, which I came to regard highly. While I had great success with treating not only pain using acupuncture, I found that sometimes results could take a long time.
The latest treatment method that I have learnt, ‘LNB Pain Therapy’, gives me an utterly new understanding of how pain develops and how it can be treated. What makes this method superior is that it has proven highly effective and creates immediate results. By doing specific exercises, which I prescribe and demonstrate after the treatment, patients can experience continuous pain relief.
The combination of mainstream, acupuncture and ‘LNB Pain Therapy’ methods finally gives me a comprehensive treatment toolbox of skills and techniques. I can now blend a therapy which serves each patients specific needs, using complimentary methods under Western medical guidance.
- 2003 ‘Doctor Medicinae Universalis’ obtained from Karl-Franzens-University in Graz, Austria
- 2003 – 2007 vocational GP training in Austria
- 2007 – 2009 locum work for Austrian GPs
- 2009 – 2012 private GP practice in Graz
- 2012 – followed my wife to Ireland when our first child was born
- 2013 – registered in the specialist division of the IMC (Irish Medical Council) for GPs
- 2013 – 2016 GP locum work in the Dublin area and private pain therapy in Dun Laoghaire
- Since 2017 part time work in Fingal Clinic in Lusk and private pain therapy in Dun Laoghaire
- 2007 – Accident and Emergency Medicine Certificate, enabling me to work for the A&E Services in Austria and which I update every two years
- 2008 – Chiropractics Certificate obtained from the ‘Austrian Society for Manual Medicine’
- 2009-2011 – Certificates for acupuncture, obtained by the ‘Austrian Society for Controlled Acupuncture’
- 2009 – Certificate for ‘Traditional Chinese Acupuncture’
- 2010 – Certificate for ‘European Ear Acupuncture (Nogier, Bahr)’
- 2011 – Certificate for ‘Frequential Acupuncture (Bahr, Reininger)’
- 2016 – Certificate for ‘LNB Pain Therapy’ by Dr. Petra Bracht and Roland Liebscher-Bracht in Germany
- 2017 – Certificate for ‘LnB Movement Therapy by Roland Liebscher-Bracht in Germany